Hi Susanne!

Alexander Shalin September 5, 2016

I'm a JIRA administrator and have a Tempo Project Managers role. Still I cannot view the Timesheets of a particular user. She was fired and her account is inactive, does it matter? I can view other users' timesheets in that team though.

3 answers

0 votes
Alexander Shalin September 15, 2016

Thanks, Susanne. You helped me.

0 votes
Alexander Shalin September 14, 2016

Hi Susanne,

Thank you for the answer. But what if the manager needs to approve a fired employee's Timesheet? It violates permissions.

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

If the User is inactive in JIRA but still in the Team, an Approver should be able to approve the Timesheet for this user and should not cause any permissions conflict. 

Also, if the user is still in the Team, his hours will show in the Team Timesheet, which might be useful for reference.

Regards,

Susanne

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for the late reply, but I was on vacation.

The User Timesheet can only be accessed if the inactive user is still in the Team. 

To view the User Timesheet of another User, you need to have the "Approve Timesheet" permission for the Team that the User is a member of. You can not access this Timesheet directly via the User dropdown in the Timesheet view, but need to use the cogwheel in the Team Timesheet (see also https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO080/Team+Timesheet, Viewing a team member's timesheet).

Regards,

Susanne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events