Hi Mike, how can you help make experienced Atlassian users the new salespeople for your products?

Nik Dammermann January 28, 2016

As an example, I've worked for several companies most of which use Atlassian products in some divisions, however the user base is primarily developers and analysts whereas the benefits of these tools would be far greater if the entire organisation was enabled to use these tools, and it would stop other departments using other sub-optimal expensive tools.  At the moment it is difficult to see who the Atlassian product decision makers are within my large organisation - a company page listing these details would help - so I can lobby them to increase the user base.

Similarly, I see friends at other companies managing issue lists in spreadsheets etc. and just know they would immediately benefit from using JIRA yet there is no mechanism for me to refer them to a salesperson within Atlassian.  Atlassian has no idea who I am, what my Atlassian skills are, or that I am a massive fan of your products so my request for salesperson referral would be treated the same as any other person accessing the website.

Basically - you have an incredibly loyal and passionate user base for your product, so how can you use their experience for the benefit our your company?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2016

Well, first, this is probably for  Ask the CEO about IT service - Webinar with Atlassian co-CEO Mike Cannon-Brookes ?

But there is a point I can answer - Atlassian doesn't really have sales people, so there's no one to refer to.

Suggest an answer