• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Jira Core Server
  • Questions
  • Hi, Is there any option to add multiple issue type in the ticket , for example I have added type as "requirement" I would like to add another issue type in the same ticket as "new feature". Is that possible if so, could you please give me step to add that

Hi, Is there any option to add multiple issue type in the ticket , for example I have added type as "requirement" I would like to add another issue type in the same ticket as "new feature". Is that possible if so, could you please give me step to add that

raghavender mutpuri December 20, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Associating screen and issue operation mappings with an issue type

Ask your question here...

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2016

An issue type is a defining characteristic of an issue, not some arbitrary attribute.  To see how much sense it makes, try changing the words to something more abstract.  "I have added type as "Dog" I would like to add another issue type in the same ticket as "Cat"".  You want to add your cat to your dog?

I think what you really mean is that you would like to add related issues.  The most simple and clear option is probably sub-tasks.  Create a "Requirement" and then have a sub-task type of "new feature" you can add beneath them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events