Help with wget updating a saved filter

Ric Lambert July 18, 2016

I am trying to change a saved filter remotely using wget.

When I run this:-

wget --no-check-certificate "http://almtools/jira --action updateFilter -id \"101754\" --search \"key =jdcmast-2111\" --user $USER --password $PASSWORD"

I get the following:-

Resolving almtools (almtools)... 10.105.133.16
Connecting to almtools (almtools)|10.105.133.16|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2016-07-19 08:45:29 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2016

The parameters which you are using are for JIRA CLI, not for wget.

Ric Lambert July 20, 2016

@Petar Petrov

How do I get the wget parameters?

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2016

Updating a filter through the REST API requires a PUT method - wget cannot do that. You need to use cURL.

Something like this:

curl -s  -u <user>:<password>  https://<jira host>/rest/api/latest/filter/<filter id> -X PUT -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data '{"name":"<filter name>", "jql": "<new JQL>"}' -v

Make sure you understand what you are doing - read about cURL and read about JIRA REST API.

Ric Lambert July 25, 2016

Hi @Petar Petrov

Thanks for your help. Got it now all working

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2016

Cool, glad to help! Please accept the answer so the question is marked as closed.

Suggest an answer