Help with backlog query

Joseph Weiss January 6, 2017

I've been searching all over, but alas here I am asking this question.  My current board has a 'backlog' listed under my active sprint.  There is a count of 164 issues.  What is the query to view those?

I've tried

project = myProject AND type not in (epic, subTaskIssueTypes()) AND (Sprint is EMPTY OR Sprint not in (openSprints(), futureSprints())) AND status not in (Closed, Accepted) ORDER BY RANK ASC 

But I am not getting the same 164 issues.

Help!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

Start with the board filter, what does that say?  Is it really just "project = myProject"?  (Sorry, might seem obvious but I didn't ask on a previous question and went off in the wrong direction)

Add your clause for status (I'm assuming the "done" column on the far right hand side of the board contains Closed and Accepted status and no others?)  and check the numbers, then add the clause for type, check again and then the sprint clause again

Joseph Weiss January 6, 2017

The filter on my board is project = myProject, so my query is legit.  My column on the far right is for '

closed' issues.  Forget the query I've tried, how can I start to get to the count of my backlog?

jira-backlog.png

jira-columns.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

Should be as simple as "project = myProject and status != Closed" from that.

Jirong Hu January 23, 2020

I have the exact same question:

1. who created the query for the Backlog menu (left)?

2. how does this query created? the query can be seen by clicking the CPU like icon (right).

I see all difference queries for this Backlog menu in different boards but don't know how's generated.

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events