Help with Caught PSQLException for insert into "AO_550953_SHORTCUT"

Joseph Pursel January 23, 2018

When attempting to add a link to a project, the following error is thrown by PSQL.

We couldn't save the link for you

Caught PSQLException for insert into "AO_550953_SHORTCUT" ("NAME", "SHORTCUT_URL", "ICON", "PROJECT_ID") values (?, ?, ?, ?)

Has anyone seen this error and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Joe

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

So that specific table is in use by the Jira projects plugin.  This is a system bundled plugin for Jira.  But I am still not sure exactly why you might be getting this SQL exception.   My thought is that perhaps the database itself has not be setup as Jira is expecting per our documentation, (SQL user rights, incorrect collation, table encoding are among my top suspects).   If those are the cause, then it might be necessary to walk back through the setup of the database in Connecting Jira to Postgresql.

I would be interested to learn more about this:

1. What version of Jira is this?
  2. What version of postgres is your database?
  3. What collation / encoding is your database using?
  4. Are there any strange characters in the URL or Name that might be a factor here?
  5. Are there any other SQL exceptions in the logs?
  6. Does this stacktrace indicate the specific values that Jira is trying to write to your database at the time this happens?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events