Help my Board has disappeared

Ian Waters April 20, 2016

Hello ,

Help my Board has disappeared I don't know how to recover it. When i go into the board configuration I get this error:

ID '<number snipped>' does not exist for the field 'project'.

I am new  to this and now panicking slightly!

Would anyone know where to start with this

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2016

The project the board filter refers to has been deleted or hidden from your account.

You should be able to change the filter to refer to valid project(s), but check that you can see the project first.

Ian Waters April 20, 2016

ah thank you,

I can get into the board if i log in as the guy who set it up, the filter query says

project project = 1project = 11102 ORDER BY Rank ASC

However that is greyed out.  Is this an issue of permissions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2016

The greying out of the filter is probably permissions - sounds like the person who set up the board based it on a shared filter that they don't own!  As an admin, you can change the ownership of filters, so that might be worth a try.

Filters that report projects as id numbers tend to be trying to report on deleted projects - you get the id in there because there's no project name to look up.

Suggest an answer