• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Hello, since the update to the latest version I can only export data to excel in a CSV format, is there any way to export it like a xls file like before?

Hello, since the update to the latest version I can only export data to excel in a CSV format, is there any way to export it like a xls file like before?

Yuri van Wersch January 9, 2017

Hello, since the update to the latest version I can only export data to excel in a CSV format, is there any way to export it like a xls file like before?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2017

There is a flag you can put in a properties file to re-enable the excel exports, but that will go away eventually, so best not to rely on it.

Try adding jira.export.excel.enabled=true to <jira-home>/jira-config.properties (you may need to create a new file for it.  Plain text)

Yuri van Wersch January 9, 2017

Thanks Nic for your fast respond. I will give it a try.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2017

You may also want to trial the Better Excel Plugin free. 

It is an alternative way to produce Excel reports, that has several advantages over the new CSV or the old built-in Excel export (which in fact relies on a HTML file).  

Suggest an answer