• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Having the same project on Jira Core and Jira Software

Hello, I'm looking at using the Jira Apps, I would like to know if its possible to share the project between both Jira core and software, to have the same issues and leverage both app features, like scrums and workflows for example.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Gustavo Cabezal 

Can you elaborate a bit more on your use case? Why do you want to share a project? You can just use one, in case you want a SCRUM board then use Jira Software project. If you are interested in having same set of configurations then use schemes that can be shared with other projects.

Ravi

Hello @Ravi Sagar _Adaptavist_ 

I'm currently testing the products and wanted to see if it's able to have 1 project shared between different products, like Jira core and Jira software, as they are similar.

If this can't be done, then I would just probably use Jira Software for the SCRUM Board.

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Sep 24, 2020

Hi Gustavo - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I am correct, then Jira Core creates Business project types. And in Jira Software, you can create Classic Software project types. They are not the same and not compatible - meaning you can't convert one to the other directly. 

However, you can create boards that you issues from both projects.

Having said all of that, you can't create SCRUM boards for Business projects. You have to use Jira Classic Software or Next-gen projects. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,567 views 12 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you