Having the same project on Jira Core and Jira Software

Gustavo Cabezal September 24, 2020

Hello, I'm looking at using the Jira Apps, I would like to know if its possible to share the project between both Jira core and software, to have the same issues and leverage both app features, like scrums and workflows for example.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

Hi Gustavo - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I am correct, then Jira Core creates Business project types. And in Jira Software, you can create Classic Software project types. They are not the same and not compatible - meaning you can't convert one to the other directly. 

However, you can create boards that you issues from both projects.

Having said all of that, you can't create SCRUM boards for Business projects. You have to use Jira Classic Software or Next-gen projects. 

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Hi @Gustavo Cabezal 

Can you elaborate a bit more on your use case? Why do you want to share a project? You can just use one, in case you want a SCRUM board then use Jira Software project. If you are interested in having same set of configurations then use schemes that can be shared with other projects.

Ravi

Gustavo Cabezal September 24, 2020

Hello @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

I'm currently testing the products and wanted to see if it's able to have 1 project shared between different products, like Jira core and Jira software, as they are similar.

If this can't be done, then I would just probably use Jira Software for the SCRUM Board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events