Has anyone made an Excel template for exporting Xray test step results from a Test Execution?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

I'm by far not the best at understanding how to create good Xporter exportable documents yet from JIRA, so looking to the community now. Xpand-IT has a few downloadable templates for exporting Xray Test data here, however, the one I really would need is to have an Excel worksheet that lists a Test Execution's test run test step per row along with that test run test step's status, 1-n defects, 1-n "evidences", comments, etc in the columns of that row. They provide a Word template that can print these out, but Word allows nested loops to a certain degree which I can't figure out if I can do for Excel (namely, while I can currently print out all test steps from a test execution, I can't get it to then loop through all defects, evidences, and statuses and put those references into their own single cell in that row).

Attached is my attempt thus far:

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
begaluj December 14, 2016

Hi Geoff,

That feature isn't currently supported by Xporter 4.x. However, we do plan to support it in the upcoming 5.0 version, that we plan to release in February 2017.

As you have noticed, in Excel you have to put each statement in a different row, and this is the reason why it currently does not allow to map a set of results only to a cell.

Regards,

Sergio

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2020

You can export all the information with the Xray integration of the Better Excel Exporter app!

See more details.

jira-xray-tests-with-test-runs

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events