Groovy script to create or update jira issue using rest api

Ankita Sharma January 12, 2016

I need to write a groovy script in post function to create or update a jira issue using rest api

Please Help.

8 answers

0 votes
Ankita Sharma January 15, 2016

Thanos, the script worked fine but when used in post function, it did not create any issue sad. Rather, i got error as "groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request".

Can you please let me know if i need to do something else also, in order to create issues in this way?

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

Ankita, The link Vasiliy posted is really informative. You said it doesn't work for you ? Do you get any errors in your logs ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2016

But why? When you're running a script, you have access to your JIRA. It's far faster, easier, flexible and more efficient to create them in the script.

0 votes
Ankita Sharma January 14, 2016

yes right, I have access to JIRA but want to create issues within JIRA using REST API (REST APIs available for JIRA; https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-example-create-issue) within a post function with groovy script. Later i will use REST API of some other applications.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

I think Thanos is questioning the requirement. You already have direct access to the JIRA that your post-function is running in and do not need to use REST to talk to it. My guess is that you are writing code that updates another remote JIRA?

0 votes
Ankita Sharma January 12, 2016

Thanos, i have to use rest api only. Please suggest me. Vasiliy, i have already checked this link. The code is not working for me within post function. Would it be possible for you to provide me with a very basic code?

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

Ankita, is there a particular reason you want to use the rest api ?

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2016
Ankita Sharma January 14, 2016

Vasiliy, I am new to this code but on using it, I am unable to resolve HTTPContext. Even though I am using correct import statements, but it is not working for me :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events