Groovy expression in post function

Marco Cannone December 2, 2016

Good morning,
i'm trying to implement a post function in a Jira transiction. When the user create a new issue" Change Request" based of the project Key a custom field take a specific value.
I made some tentatives but this groovy expression doesn't work: "issue.getProjectObject().getKey() == 'ES'"
Can you Help me?
Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2016

Here is a template to update custom field with name fieldname if project key is ES. 

This postfunction should be after create issue posfunction and must have save post-function to a database (add one, if it is not present) to store this changes to a database. 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

if(issue.getProjectObject().getKey().equals("ES")) {
    issue.setCustomFieldValue(ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("fieldName"), new Object())
}
Marco Cannone December 2, 2016

Hi Vasily,

i tried in this way (i don't need to a If condition),See the screenshot, but it doesn't work.Do you have any ideas?

Thankyou Marco 

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2016

What plugin is it for? 

usually it isrequred boolean expression, lets try this one:

return issue.getProjectObject().getKey().equals("ES")

Suggest an answer