Granting permissions to a project role through properties

Zbynek Vavrin January 29, 2017

Hi,

I tried to grant a permission to assign issues to a project role for one step of my workflow.

The rest of the WF I want the permission to be denied. So in permissions I excluded the role and then set the properties for the chosen step as follows:

Property Key: jira.permission.assign.projectrole

Property Value: 10200

The user with the respective role still cannot assign issues in the given workflow step. Any idea what might be wrong?

thx

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2017

Hi Zbynek.

Once you denied permission through permission scheme, you can´t grant it within the workflow.

So, you need to grant permission in permission scheme, and then restrict it in each status or transition.

Regards, Aylin.

Zbynek Vavrin January 30, 2017

Ah OK - More work for me but that's exactly what I needed thank you smile

one more thing though: the solution seemed to have denied the permission not only to the intended project role but the others as well so I suppose the following is not right either:

Property key: jira.permission.assign.denied.projectrole

Property value: 10200

Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2017

The thing is similar to the permission restriction through permission scheme: once you use “denied” in the property, the permission before the denied word, is restricted for everyone, no matter what you add after it (for example jira.permission.comment.denied means the comment feature is disabled at state you add the property)

Have a look at this site, is really usefull: http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

In your case, what do you need? Restrict assign permission to only one transition? To only one project role?

exactly - I need my client (project role) not to be allowed to assign issues except for one step of the workflow (other project roles are always able to assign)

Suggest an answer