Grant assignee-specific access across all projects to a freelancer

Nils Vanbellingen March 20, 2016

Hiya

My company is currenly working with some external freelancers who need to get involved in several different of our JIRA projects. How can I grant JIRA access to these freelancers in such a way that they have access to view (and edit) issues across all projects, but ONLY the ones where they are the assignee?

For clarity: I would only want this type of assignee only-access to be imposed to the freelancers only. All other internal users should still remain able to see all issues, even the ones not assigned to them...

Many thanks in advance!

1 answer

3 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2016

Hi Nils,

first of all every user should has an account in JIRA to log in.

In every proejct you can set security level. This is defined for every single issue. Please read this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-issue-level-security-185729623.html

If you will have any question let me know.

Nils Vanbellingen March 21, 2016

Hi Michal

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I'd set a "only watch tickets assigned to you"-security level for particular projects, I assume that would mean this level would apply to all users involved in those projects?

This would not be what i want, i.e. I would only want those few external freelancers to be able to see their own tickets assigned to them. All other users of the project should still be able to see everything...

Do you have any idea?

Many thanks,

Nils

Suggest an answer