Getting permission error while Integration JIRA and HipChat

Dhiraj Aggarwal March 25, 2016
  • In Jira, Goto Application->HipChat
  • It lands me on HipChat Integration page.
  • Click "Add Integration"
  • Error "JIRA (oyorooms.atlassian.net) is a global addon. You do not have permission to install in all rooms" appearing with infinite Loading.

7 answers

1 vote
Angus Kelsey December 19, 2016

I have also experienced this issue when using the server on the corporate network behind a proxy.

However, if I place the server on an internet-facing section, this error does not appear.

So it seems to be a problem when on a network that uses a proxy server—for me at least.

0 votes
Deleted user September 11, 2017

We've been having the same issue.  Not sure if this will help anyone, but I've been able to trace our issue down to communication to the marketplace being blocked by the firewall and proxy.  Looking at the logs indicates that even with a home grown descriptor, hosted internally, HipChat first attempts to check the marketplace for the capabilities.  Opening communication to the marketplace seems to have resolved the issue for us.

0 votes
OE April 13, 2017

Im having this issue today, ive reinstalled my integration 100x from my work machine and never had an issue. Today as the room admin, i dont have permission to install my addon to my room. Anyone figure out how to get around this?

0 votes
rhopkins76 December 19, 2016

Getting the same issue with a fresh install of HipChat server.

0 votes
Alan Sergeant December 7, 2016

Same is happening me? Did you ever get it solved?

0 votes
Christian Blaich November 14, 2016

Same here wit TOPDOX. HIPCHAT 2.0 build 2.0.6

0 votes
Alex Saare October 3, 2016

Same issue - but with Bitbucket integration.  I'm the group owner and an admin.  Did you ever resolve this issue?

Suggest an answer