Getting external users that have internally hosted JIRA to login with their credentials to our Atlassian hosted JIRA space

We have an Attlassian cloud hosted JIRA and Confluence, and we need our client to have access to some of the areas of our JIRA.

Our client has its own internally hosted JIRA instance.

Is it possible to provide access of our JIRA to our client via their username and password, without the need to create new users for them? So that they can login with their own credentials to our JIRA and Confluence.

Thanks heaps

1 answer

Hi Bruce,

There is no such native functionality as JIRA Cloud supports only local and Google authentication. To implement such logic you will first have to export the hosted JIRA's users and then file a support request so that the support staff can import the users for you in the cloud instance. However, this will not keep the user bases synced and you may need to perform it regularly. Currently there is an issue for JIRA cloud to support LDAP sync, but there is no ETA. When this is implemented keeping user bases will be possible.

Regards, 

Peter

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 4 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

26 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot