Getting errors in build.

Anm007 March 17, 2016

BambooBuildErrors.PNG

Please see above errors in my Bamboo Build Plan, can anyone help me resolve them.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2016

I'm not sure they're errors in Bamboo - it's reporting that your code is missing libraries or includes when it tries to build the objects.

Anm007 March 18, 2016

There is an exe called 'postsharp' which i have installed on my machine so that I can build the project, how do i install that on Bamboo server ? 
Or should i remove its references from project itself and then try to build on bamboo. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2016

The Bamboo build environment needs to contain whatever your code requires in order to build it.

Anm007 March 19, 2016

But I have included DLL for postsharp and reference is also there, so why the build plan throws error as DLL not found??  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2016

That would be because you've not installed them in the way the environment needs them.

I would try stepping outside bamboo and seeing if you can build manually in the same environment - if it fails, it should be able to tell you why.

Anm007 March 21, 2016

if you referring to Bamboo environment as 'same environment' then i do not have access to Bamboo server. I can ask the support team to install the Postsharp exe. But before that i need to be very sure about that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2016

Yes, I am, the server you are building on needs to be able to build the code without Bamboo.  If the build needs postsharp.exe installed, then you need to install it (you could rig a Bamboo task to install it, but only if it can be installed automatically - command line or one-off executable with no gui)

By the way, it's not the Bamboo server you need to look at, its the machine which is trying to do the build - where the Bamboo agent runs.  This could be the Bamboo server (a lot of us do build on the same server), but it might not.

Anm007 March 21, 2016

Could you please elaborate on  'rig a Bamboo task to install the the postsharp exe'.
What is the script which i should write in task ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2016

I can't tell you that - I don't know what postsharp.exe is or how to install it with a script.  Once you've got that, you can tell Bamboo to run it, but I can't help you with installing your software.

Anm007 March 21, 2016

Thnanks Nic, 
But even if postsharp dll is present in the package, why it keeps saying that DLL not present ?
Is it a Nuget package manager issue ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2016

I can't tell you that - it's your environment, not mine.  All I know about it is that you are using Bamboo to handle builds, so that must be installed.

Suggest an answer