Get the latest result of a search query in JIRA

Ishan Shah October 25, 2015

Hey Guys,

So, when I create my search query passing the project name and few more things. I need to get the latest result of that search query. Latest meaning the first result using CURL and/or jira-python. Can somebody here please help. 

Thanks...

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2015

The "latest" result will happen whenever you run the query.  If, for example, you use Daniel's curl example, you will get the current issues that match the query.

Daniel Faba
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2015

Actually, the example returns only the last, as it queries for only one record (note the QS parameter maxResults=1). Well, it might be the first instead of the last, depending on the 'order by' clause, but that is part of the JQL sentence, so part of the search filter. Mine was only and example returning the last acording the default order criteria. I believe that Ishan will need to order by creation date or update date.

0 votes
Daniel Faba
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2015

I believe the easiest way is to use the REST API, using the JQL search function: 

curl -D- -u "admin:admin" -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json"
 "jira.example.com/jira/rest/api/latest/search?jql=project = TEST&maxResults=1"

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer