Get jira custom field's *selected* option

Vadim October 29, 2015

Hi guys!

My jira task has a custom field "SLA". It's type is a "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:select". I have several options corresponding to that "select". So this is how can I get the specific issue's custom field options:

select *
from customfield cf join customfieldoption cfo on cf.id = cfo.customfield
join customfieldvalue cfv on cfv.customfield = cf.id
join jiraissue ji on ji.id = cfv.issue
where cfname = 'SLA' and issuenum = 189;

But I need to get custom field's *selected* option. Where is this property stored?

Chances are that customfieldvalue.stringvalue is what I search for, but in my case it's a 5-digit number, so probably it's a reference to some other field...

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2015

The 5 digit number you've found is the ID of the option in the customfieldoption table.  You were almost there wink

1 vote
Daniel Faba
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2015

The refence you found is from table customfieldoption.  Do a select there filtering by the field id.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events