Get actual SQL to query database directly

Hernan Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

I'm using your plugin to get the information I need, so far it's working great, but I need to edit values directly in the database, I will do so in a closed test environment, but how can I get the actual SQL query for the database using your syntax, is there anywhere where I can go to get this?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2017

I can't help you with the add-on, I've only ever used it for read, but a word of warning on editing JIRA databases - don't.  You have to understand them completely if you want a working JIRA afterwards, you must never change it while JIRA is running, and in most cases, you will need to do a re-index after restarting.

Praecipio Consulting January 24, 2017

Thank you for the info, is there any way to see where it is getting a value, my sql is as follows, SELECT resolved FROM issues WHERE ID = 12345, this results in the value I need, but cannot trace it back to the actual database, so I need to know how the plugin is getting the value from the database itself.

0 votes
Hernan Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Also, I see there's an admin account that I can use but that information is no longer available in the configuration screen.