Gantt Chart Plugin

Corinna Führing December 18, 2015

Hello does anybody here have larger experience with using the Gant Chartt Plugin for Project plans ?

5 answers

1 vote
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

As far as Gantt charts go, BigGantt (the highest-rated plugin for Gantt charts on Atlassian Marketplace) is very good for project plans and I could help you set it up.

Deleted user December 18, 2015

I love to recommend also BigPicture. It seems to be an enhanced version of the BigGantt.

0 votes

Gantt Chart.jpg

0 votes

Jira Gant Chartt.jpg

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

That's a different Gantt chart plugin. Nothing wrong with that, you may even use multiple ones at the same time if so you wish. Should you ever grab BigGantt, I'd be happy to help you.

uuhhhh do you think functions maybe are similar..because my question is 1) is it better to create an own Issue Type for Milestones ? 2) i create Issue Type Milestones- they appear on screen - but get sorted over timeline not by time but by Issue Key..i attach Screen Shot...how can i sort them by time ?

no comment ? )-:

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2015

Unfortunately this particular plugin is not in my area of expertise. You might wany to edit the first post to include the plugin's name in the tags (so the experts of it are notified of your question).

ok thanks no problem...but may i ask you a general question. We do actually have to provide a Milstone Plan to the customer, but there must appear also Customer Milestones that are not directly relevant to our Plan/Project because they are 3rd party Milestones. We discuss internally if it is a problem to make this with Jira or create an extra Milestoneplan for customer in Excel. Since we do not want to overload Jira with Milestones that are not directly relevant to our development. Do you have an opinion about that out of your Jira experience ?

0 votes

ok there i see that we use JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin....is it that ?

0 votes

ahh but is there also a normal Gantt Chart, where can I see which Gantt Chart Plugin i do have...

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2015

Yes, BigGantt does have normal Gantt charts (as in, it's not only for project planning). You can check which plugins you are running in JIRA Administration->Manage Add Ons.

please check comentar below

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events