Gantt Chart Jira

Corinna February 24, 2016

Hello, can anybody recommend me a good Gantt Chart Plugin for JIRA which is no Risk for JIRA stability, good use also for Customer presentation and easy to handle ???

2 answers

0 votes

To the customer a good exprt to PPT would be fine...well basically a plan as nice as I can have it in MS Project i would ask for......

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hi Corinna,

this is quite interesting question. What would you like to see on that Gantt Chart? Also can you elaborate what you want to present to the customer?

--Peter T

To the customer a good export to PPT would be fine...well basically a plan as nice as I can have it in MS Project i would ask for......

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

OK so basically you want to see the issues/tickets stories in a gantt chart format and be able to export to PPT. I think in this case this is the best solution for you:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt/server/overview

If you are interested in gant-chart like visualization on the project or program level that this could be of good use:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.cycle.cycle-jira-plugin/server/overview

Let me know if this answers your question.

Cheers

basically we do not have JIRA agile. But yes ...do you think Polscheit Gantt chart would be more like for Mikromanagement and the cycle control more for Project Overview and rough planning ? ...basically what would you say are the main differencies bettween both...will need this evening to study them......

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2016

OK so the Gantt chart will give you the ability to size and sequence all the issues which are part of your scope if that is how you manage the planning aspect of the initiative. At the end of this exercise it will give you a date. Along the process you will assign resources etc ,very much like MS Project.

Cycle Control is not a planning tool but gives you execution control over the whole initiative allowing you to define its life-cycle - stages, quality gates, milestones, checklist, approvals, metrics and others. So it is meant to be a program level solution where you track the whole initiative and coordinate deliverables between teams etc. It provides visibility into the scope - all the tickets that you will see in the Gantt chart in the form of metrics or quality gates etc.

So in recap the Gantt chart is tactical tool on the team or person level, while Cycle control i much higher level aggregating a lot of data, to provide enough information for the PM to define the status of the whole initiative.

Let me know if you need more information. I will be happy to jump on a online meeting.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events