Gadget configuration/display has gone wonky

Esther Strom March 15, 2017

We use the Column Order gadget on many of our dashboards. (I'm just mentioning this specific one; it seems to be an issue for a number of our gadgets.)  This morning, things have started to behave strangely. I have a dashboard with three copies of the gadget, each displaying results from a different filter. They are are still displaying the correct results, but only the first one displays the title and configuration screens correctly. Any idea what would cause this? I'm an admin, and to the best of my knowledge there haven't been any system changes in the last week or so.

Here's the Add Gadget screen

badGadgetChoice.png

The display of the "bad" gadget in the title bar:

badGadgetDisplay.png

The config dropdown of the bad gadget:

gadgetEdit.png

The config screen of the bad gadget

badGadgetConfigScreen.png

The config dropdown, title bar, and config screen of the "good" gadget (which is actually just one instance of the same gadget used in the "bad" instances.

goodGadgetConfigMenu.pnggoodGadget.pnggoodGadgetConfigScreen.png

1 answer

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

JIRA restart should fix the problem.

Esther Strom August 16, 2017

Sorry, I did not see this answer until just now. Unfortunately, we've restarted several times since I posted the question, and the issue is still occurring. The strange thing is, it's not happening to everyone - some people see the gadget setup just fine.

Suggest an answer