Formatting a message custom field in bold and red

mel vega January 29, 2016

Hi,

I'm using Toolkit plugin and I created a Message custom field (for edit). I would need that the message displays in red and bold to make it more visible but I did not find the right code. I tried this one but it did not work:

{panel} (i){color:red} My message{color} {panel}

any ideas please ?

thanks in advance

Melissa

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2016

Try using html tags smile

<b><font color="red">My message</b></font>

mel vega February 4, 2016

Many thanks for your help Gabrielle, it perfectly works now!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Glad to help! 

Brian Bachman May 4, 2016

Hi @Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] - Do you have any idea what the syntax would be to include a hyperlink?  

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2016

html hyperlinks would be <a href=""></a>. 

Brian Bachman May 4, 2016

Awesome ..  Thank you!  I did search html tags in parallel and found this too. 

Appreciate your help!

Cheers

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2016

smile

0 votes
Lillian Shibata-Salley October 3, 2017

Hi - I'm trying to also do a custom field but it's not taking the html. I put in: <p><b><i>Please Test</p></b></i> and the results show the tags. When I go back to edit, it changes to: <p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;&lt;i&gt;Please Test&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/i&gt;</p> and renders with tags...

Dimitris Damaskos May 31, 2018

For me panels worked best and it looks better. 

{panel:bgColor=#EAECFF}
Please Test
{panel}

But it is a matter of preference.  

Like Omar Hutchens likes this
Lillian Shibata-Salley May 31, 2018

Thanks, can't remember what I was doing back then lol but just tried it and not exactly what I was looking for... More of being able to select certain words within a paragraph (I think that's what I was doing) and highlighting certain words, phrases, having more control of the formatting.

Thanks for the option, however.

Richard White December 6, 2018

For some reason, when I put the {panel} ..text ... {panel} code in the Default Value, it just prints it out verbatum instead of putting the text in a panel. Is there a flag somewhere to ensure wiki code will work? html tags are working, but I would prefer wiki code.

Dimitris Damaskos December 6, 2018

Hello Richard,

I checked again the code I posted in May and it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 17.12.57.pngIt is not exactly what was asked initially but I wanted to give another alternative. 

Suggest an answer