Fix Version field in Sub tasks same as parent Task

Corinna March 15, 2016

Hello, i do want my sub tasks of a Feature having the same Fix Version Value than the Fix Version of the Feature...is there a way to filter all the Sub tasks of all Features with xx Fix Versions and than make a bulk change on this Sub tasks to get them all the same fix Version field ?? i do not want to do this manually  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

You can do this by using JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions. It provides you post function to set field value from parent (any field). Just add this postfunction to yor workflow.

Corinna March 15, 2016

Hello thanks..but than I could update this fields only when i make a transition through Workflow first ?!

Corinna March 15, 2016

and this extension does cost something or ?!

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Hm, if it is acceptaable for you a can help with script for Script Runner console provided by Script runner to do this.

Corinna March 15, 2016

IS ther no other way ? I do not have programming or script knowledge yet )-;

Suggest an answer