Finding the Id for Issue Types

John Corwith July 7, 2016

Needed the Issue Type ID to be able to create a URL/link from a confluence page to the appropriate issue/ticket type. I don't have any admin access and our admins are swamped.

3 answers

1 vote
Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2016

Start to create a new issue, select the issue type you want and then Right Click on the Issue Type Field and select "Inspect Element".  There you can dig into the HTML to find the issue type and if you dig enough, all the issue types. (hint  <div id="issuetytpe-options"..)

Depending on your version you will see a line like this:. 

<input style="display: none;" value="11" data-container-class="issuetype-ss" class="issuetype-field aui-ss-select" id="issuetype" name="issuetype" type="text">

Where Value is the ID. 

It used to be easy when it was a real select list..

David Feig November 2, 2020

This didn't work for me.

1 vote
John Corwith July 7, 2016

The only way I found the Issue Type ID was to create a test issue of any type and save it. Then move it to the issue type I needed the ID for, click through all the screens involved in the move and then view the history.

I found another way: https://mydomain/rest/api/2/proj/projectKey dumps a lot of the metadata including IDs. Worked best in Firefox as it natively formatted the xml.

David Feig November 2, 2020

I tried moving the issue and it worked really well. 

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2016

John, 

If you are administrator, there is an easier way to accomplish this. Navigate to the "Administration"-> "Issues"->"Issue Type". If you hover over the "Edit" or "Delete" buttons, you should see in the lower left hand corner a URL similar to http://yourdomain/secure/admin/EditIssueType!default.jspa?id=10704, where id=10704 is the ID of the issue type. If that doesn't appear, by clicking on "Edit", it will bring you to the edit page where the ID will be in the address bar. 

Good luck,

Kian 

John Corwith July 8, 2016

As I said, I don't have admin access.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events