Find customfields from old / uninstalled plugins

Tobias_Vollmer April 25, 2016

We have more than 50 customfields in our Installation (v7.0.10). As we would like to merge two JIRA installations together, we would like to clean up unneeded customfields.

As I understand, a plugin can create own customfields on installation. And I had issues before that new customfields were created on upgrading of the plugins, without deleting the old ones.

Does anyone know how to:

• find which customfields were created by a plugin installation (and which installation)?
  • find out which of these are not needed by the plugin anymore?

Additionally: Are customfields needed by a plugin protected from deletion?

Cheers,

Tobias

2 answers

0 votes
John Pfotzer April 25, 2016

Hi Chris, I am using JIRA 6.3.1 and I am looking into the Integrity Checker, and don't see an option to clean up unused custom fields. What may I be missing?

thanks

John

Tobias_Vollmer April 25, 2016

Thanks John for the reminder of the Version... smile We are using v7.0.10 and I do not see this either. I started the Check to see if something comes up in the results.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2016

Have you tried running the integrity checks? I could be wrong but I thought one of the functions of this was to clean up unused custom fields left around by plugins.

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events