• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filter sorting by Priority not always working Edited

I have 2 filters

1) My Open Tasks

status not in (Closed) AND assignee in (currentUser()) ORDER BY priority DESC

2) My Open Tasks + Unassigned

status not in (Closed) AND assignee in (currentUser(), EMPTY) ORDER BY priority DESC

The first sorts by priority as expected. The second does not. I can't determine what it's sorted by but it's not priority. There are issues with priority of Highest in the middle of the list of results and Medium issues at the top. There are also "unassigned" issues before and after the Highest priority issues so it's not sorted by assignee either, which is the only difference between the two queries.

Am I missing something here or is this a bug? 

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Jun 04, 2020

Hi @bver 

Maybe try:

status not in (Closed) AND (assignee = currentUser() or assignee is not EMPTY) ORDER BY priority DESC

No dice. Order changed a bit but still same overall problem. Still several Medium priority tasks above the Highest ones.

John Funk Community Leader Jun 04, 2020

Sorry, it should have said IS Empty. You can try that again. 

status not in (Closed) AND (assignee = currentUser() or assignee is EMPTY) ORDER BY priority DESC

I wonder if it has something to do with the empty as related to assignee. You might try just this to see:

status not in (Closed) or assignee is EMPTY ORDER BY priority DESC

Neither work sadly. But I did comment here in the main thread as to how it is actually ordering / grouping the results. Maybe that will give some insight?

Ah it seems ordered by Project first, then Priority despite that not being part of the criteria. The first query did not return results from all projects so the Highest priority ones from one of the projects just ended up at the top.

So how do I force it to not order by Project first?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,567 views 12 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you