Filter issues by blocking in sprint

Jing March 7, 2016

Hi, I would like to filter issues in a sprint to show only those that block other issues in the sprint. 

For example:

• Issue-100 = in current sprint, blocks Issue-102
  • Issue-102 = in current sprint
  • Issue-103 = in current sprint, blocks Issue-104
  • Issue-104 = in backlog

Filtering by issues that block other issues in this sprint would show only Issue-100.

I'm pretty new to this, but based on some brief googling it seems like JQL isn't capable of this. Are there any plugins that can do this? I'm open to paid solutions too.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

Hi,

try this one:

issue in hasLinks("blocks") 

If it will not work install ScriptRunner plugin (older version was for free and it contains many useful jql functions)

Any question? Feel free to ask here! 

Michal

Jing March 7, 2016

I can't seem to find the hasLinks function, nor can I find ScriptRunner (we're using JIRA Cloud 7.2). Am I looking in the wrong places? Thanks!

Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

Script Runner is not available for JIRA Cloud...sorry wink

you can alwyas try jTricks plugin but is not for free

also Search Linked Issues for JIRA plugin is not for free

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2016

The function most similar to what you want is linkedIssues(issueKey,linkType). In example:

issue in linkedIssues(KEY-101,"is blocked by")

You might want to add a fixVersion or affectedVersion to this JQL.

It's a pity that the issue key is a mandatory parameter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events