Filter is shared with Everyone"...but my developer can not see it

Clever Communicator February 5, 2016

Please see picture. How can it be that a filter that is shared with "Everyone" yields an error to a logged-in user?issue.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Did you refer to the project by its project id number? I guess it is not the case.

JQL converts the project name into the project number if the user who is trying to use the filter doesn't have Browse Project permission on the specified project.

That way, a user without Browse Project permission is not able to see the project name.

It is a good feature, because otherwise any JIRA user would be able to see your list of projects/clients, which is not the default's desirable behaviour.

That said, you have to add your developer to a project role that grants Browse Project permission to the developer.

0 votes
Clever Communicator February 5, 2016

Thanks for the replies. I am still having problems 

Did you refer to the project by its project id number?

YES

Regarding " developer to a project role that grants Browse Project permission to the developer." 

I believe that is done...but it did not make a difference. 

is there a workaround? 

I am frustrated that it is taking me days to share a 12-item list with my developer in another part of the world. We have been iterating / experimenting for 4 days now.

Another developer of mine can view his queue with no issues. 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Try this:

1.- Login to JIRA with a user account that is a JIRA Administrator. That is, a member of the group 'administrators'.

2.- Press the dot sign key '.' in your keyboard.

3.- Type 'permission helper' and press Enter.

4.- In the popuped window, fill in the issue key of one of the issues from the project (ie: KEY-17), the permission: Browse Project, and the username with the user name of the user that cannot see the filter results. Click the button and see if the user has the required permission.

I bet the user doesn't have the permission. Can you confirm it?

Like Dave F likes this
Clever Communicator February 8, 2016

Yes! That worked. Thank you....that tool is awesome! 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2016

Indeed! smile

Do you mind accepting my answer?

Thanks!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2016

By the way, there's a similar tool for email notifications.

You can reach it through the same steps, but changing to 'notification helper' on step 3. smile

Really useful too!

Regards.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2016

I was referring to accepting the other answer, the one initially posted by me, so that it counts as an additional answer resolved by me on my statistics (accepting own answers to own questions do not count towards the statistics).

Thanks!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2016

That's it! Thanks! smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events