Filter for the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget

Jim Hackney April 20, 2016

I'm interested in creating a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to go on my dashboard. I am following the instructions on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/adding-the-two-dimensional-filter-statistics-gadget-185729519.html

However, I cannot get past the first step. It appears that all you can do from these directions is pick from a list of preexisting filters. However, I want to create my own filter with it's own name, not overwrite someone else's filter. How do I do that? There are custom filters already in the list so I know it can be done. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2016

Go to "search for issues", use it to find the issues you want to report on, then click "save" at the top of the results.  It'll ask you for a name etc.

Jim Hackney April 20, 2016

Ah, so a filter is a filter is a filter. I get it now. I thought this type of filter was different and had to be created differently. Thank you very much for your help.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016

A filter is a filter is a filter, I could not agree more.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2016

Yep, I've been here a while, so it's ingrained, but I regularly have clients who don't quite make the connection until they've had it explained.  So I suspect the JIRA UI doesn't really explain it to people very clearly at first!

Suggest an answer