Filter for Issue older than 30 minutes

Paul Hawkes March 7, 2017

I have a subscription that uses a filter that will email me all unassigned issues. I would like the filter to only email me only if the issues are older than 30 minutes and the have not been assigned. It tried createdDate > -30m but this doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help? 

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

Hi, can you try created < -30m and assignee is EMPTY ?

Paul Hawkes March 7, 2017

This is my filter and it does not return issues "assignee is EMPTY AND (createdDate >= startOfYear() AND createdDate > -30m )"

15 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2017

You need to reverse the operator.  Computers tend to think of human date/time as "a count of time fragments (usually milliseconds) since a base date".  So "half an hour ago" is "now - 30 minutes"

Your createdDate > -30m is thinking backwards, using "now" as a zero point, but that's wrong, because the zero point is (usually) in 1970. 

Half an hour ago is -30m, yes, so "created > -30m" means "created less than 30 minutes ago"

You need createDate < -30m

4 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

You just need to change the part that says:

createdDate > -30m

To: 

createdDate < -30m

So try this:

assignee is EMPTY AND (createdDate >= startOfYear() AND createdDate < -30m )

Sam

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2017

Nic's answer is better because he explains why : ) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events