Filter Structure Board

Craig Rowland February 11, 2016

Hello,

My team has a large Structure board, approaching 100 Epics. We use it to view the hierarchy of work under each Epic...Features/Stories/Tasks to track progress on features and epics. How can I filter the view so that I only have to look at the 3-5 Epics I'm interested at any given time vs. all 100 epics?

3 answers

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

Hi Craig,

In the search box, switch to S-JQL mode (click the faint button in the left of the textarea a few times) and enter the following query (you'll need quotes round your Epic Names if they contain spaces):

issue or descendant of issue in (["Epic Name" in (EpicName1, EpicName2)])

And then hit the Filter button at the far right of the search box.

Here's a perspective link to our Structure demo with a filter like this enabled - https://demo-structure.almworks.com/secure/StructureBoard.jspa?p=674115892

Or specify the issue keys of your Epics:

issue or descendant of issue in (key-1, key-2, key-3)

Link to demo - https://demo-structure.almworks.com/secure/StructureBoard.jspa?p=182183022

Try detoggling the Filter button in the examples to see how it works.

Hope that helps!

Robert

Arianna Fabbri August 2, 2017

Hi @Robert Leitch [ALM Works], can I put the filter directly in the URL? I need to get the structure opened already filtered, time by time, with different parameters.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Arianna

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Hi Arianna,

You can't put the additional filter query into URL directly, unfortunately. You can use Perspectives to share the board configuration via URL – https://wiki.almworks.com/x/tbDrAQ.

Bu if you need to be able to modify the URL manually to get a different filter every time, I don't think that is currently supported.

You can open a Query Result in the Structure Board by specifying the URL-encoded query in the URL:

query.png

But that is probably not what you're looking for... Sorry about that!

Kind regards,
Igor

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

image2016-2-11 13:36:16.png

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

Go to Board -> Quick Filters and name the board and enter the JQL for the epics you want to filter on: EpicLink in ("", "","")

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

Have you tried using the quick filters at the top of the board?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events