Field of attachment is cleared, if some required field was not filled

Field of attachment is cleared, if some required field was not filled:

1. there is a field for attachments
2. there are several mandatory fields

We create request. We fill the Attachment field. We don't fill surely a field. We click "to Send". The field attachment is cleared in the repeated form

1 answer

1 accepted

1 votes

That's not really any form of question, and is a bit sparse on context.  I can try to guess:

Do you mean "Is there a way to delete the attachments if a field is empty?"

If you do, then the answer is "code" - you'll need to find/write a post-function or listener that can delete the attachments. 

Also, you may note I dropped the "required field".  If a field is required, it cannot be empty, so technically, you don't need the deletion because it never will be.

WUT? No! 

1. there is a field for attachments
2. there are several mandatory fields

We create request. We fill the Attachment field. We don't fill surely a field. We click "to Send". The field attachment is cleared in the repeated form

Ok, my guess was wrong, but your question was originally only one line and no explanation at all.  Your edits have helped I think, but I would like to confirm what you are seeing:

• We go to create issue
  • We add an attachment on the screen
  • We fill in some fields, but we miss one of the required fields (e.g. summary)
  • We click "create"
  • JIRA takes us back to the "create screen" and tells us which required field we missed
  • On that screen, it has kept all the field data we entered before, except the attachments, which is now empty

Is that correct?

Hi guys,

how did you solve this please? We're now facing similar issue as Nic discribed above, but instead of attahcment it's TEMPO and ACCOUNT field.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

240 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot