Field of attachment is cleared, if some required field was not filled

Viktar Super Epic Name
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Field of attachment is cleared, if some required field was not filled:

1. there is a field for attachments
2. there are several mandatory fields

We create request. We fill the Attachment field. We don't fill surely a field. We click "to Send". The field attachment is cleared in the repeated form

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

That's not really any form of question, and is a bit sparse on context.  I can try to guess:

Do you mean "Is there a way to delete the attachments if a field is empty?"

If you do, then the answer is "code" - you'll need to find/write a post-function or listener that can delete the attachments. 

Also, you may note I dropped the "required field".  If a field is required, it cannot be empty, so technically, you don't need the deletion because it never will be.

Viktar Super Epic Name
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

WUT? No! 

1. there is a field for attachments
2. there are several mandatory fields

We create request. We fill the Attachment field. We don't fill surely a field. We click "to Send". The field attachment is cleared in the repeated form

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2016

Ok, my guess was wrong, but your question was originally only one line and no explanation at all.  Your edits have helped I think, but I would like to confirm what you are seeing:

• We go to create issue
  • We add an attachment on the screen
  • We fill in some fields, but we miss one of the required fields (e.g. summary)
  • We click "create"
  • JIRA takes us back to the "create screen" and tells us which required field we missed
  • On that screen, it has kept all the field data we entered before, except the attachments, which is now empty

Is that correct?

Petra Maťková April 6, 2017

Hi guys,

how did you solve this please? We're now facing similar issue as Nic discribed above, but instead of attahcment it's TEMPO and ACCOUNT field.

Thanks

Suggest an answer