Field based on Resolution Value

Deleted user February 22, 2016

How do i achieve the condition where Resolution = Duplicate then provide duplicate issue ID in field "Duplicate by"

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Thanks Pratiyush, good luck.

0 votes
Deleted user February 23, 2016

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

Hi Jamie,

Currently i am evaluating Script Runner add-on for my aforementioned requirement which goes like this:-

--> If Resolution is Duplicate then mandates a custom field to enter Duplicate of issue key.

I am trying to find any relevant scripts for this but couldn't find any, can you please help.

Deleted user February 24, 2016

@Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]

It worked the way i wanted, Thanks a lot !

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2016

Thank you, I think I understand your requirements now.

Third Party Add-ons

Script Runner for JIRA also includes a modules called Behaviors which allows you to perform this via Javascript.

Finally, you can enter javascript into the Field Configuration description for that field and perform the job yourself.

warning None of these options are available for JIRA Cloud.

0 votes
Deleted user February 22, 2016

I would be interested on that as well but first i would to check for some external plugins also which will enable a text field to enter bug ID only if Resolution = Duplicate, for other Resolution values it should not ask anything.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2016

JIRA can't do this natively. This is only achievable with customization through javascript or similar. Are you interested in a solution like this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events