Field based on Resolution Value

How do i achieve the condition where Resolution = Duplicate then provide duplicate issue ID in field "Duplicate by"

5 answers

1 accepted

Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 24, 2016

Thanks Pratiyush, good luck.

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 22, 2016

JIRA can't do this natively. This is only achievable with customization through javascript or similar. Are you interested in a solution like this?

I would be interested on that as well but first i would to check for some external plugins also which will enable a text field to enter bug ID only if Resolution = Duplicate, for other Resolution values it should not ask anything.

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 22, 2016

Thank you, I think I understand your requirements now.

Third Party Add-ons

Script Runner for JIRA also includes a modules called Behaviors which allows you to perform this via Javascript.

Finally, you can enter javascript into the Field Configuration description for that field and perform the job yourself.

warning None of these options are available for JIRA Cloud.

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

Hi Jamie,

Currently i am evaluating Script Runner add-on for my aforementioned requirement which goes like this:-

--> If Resolution is Duplicate then mandates a custom field to enter Duplicate of issue key.

I am trying to find any relevant scripts for this but couldn't find any, can you please help.

@Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]

It worked the way i wanted, Thanks a lot !

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,537 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you