Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Fewer users returned on subsequent AD sync?

I am configuring a Jira Core instance to sync user accounts with an internal AD server.  The initial sync goes well.  It pulls in the 180 accounts I expect.  But on subsequent syncs, it only syncs 29 accounts.

I've already tried to remove the sync profile and create a new one.  Both act the same.  The initial sync is fine, but any sync after that removes most of the AD accounts.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Dec 12, 2018

Hi

Can you check if you are doing a full directory sync or an incremental sync?

Also, which users were synced the second time and how do they differ from those who were not synced?

Hi Ismael,

I have disabled incremental sync.  A few manual syncs appear to work OK.  Once a regularly scheduled sync happens, I'll report back.

As far as I can tell, all of the accounts are similar.  And there are no special LDAP filters being applied to the sync profile.

Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Dec 12, 2018

Okay let’s see what happens with a scheduled sync.

Note when it happens and check the logs to seeif the application reports any problem.

It looks like disabling the incremental sync fixed the problem.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,953 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you