Failed to validate jqlFunction 'hasComments', possibly plugin supplying it had thrown exception. Check the logs."

Avidor Hershkovitz September 7, 2016

Hello,

I am trying to run a basic filter issueFunction in hasComments() and I am getting this error.

Where do I see the logs ? Can someone help to solve it ?

7 answers

0 votes
Avidor Hershkovitz September 15, 2016

Hello Jamie,

Issue was solved, apparently we installed a version that was not supporting the JIRA version we are using

Thanks for your help

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

can you tail the log, then reproduce the error. Then must be a log entry if you get that message.

0 votes
Avidor Hershkovitz September 12, 2016

I looked at the log files and couldn't find any error that might refer to the scriptrunner plugin, any new ideas ?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

i posted the link in my first comment

0 votes
Avidor Hershkovitz September 8, 2016

Hi Jamie, thanks for your answer, I already re-indexed after the installation, but it still didn't solve the issue.

Where can I see the log files ?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2016

Although reindexing won't fix this issue, so check the logs first.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2016

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/where-are-the-application-server-logs-16121981.html

Did you reindex after installing ScriptRunner ? Some functions require it.

Suggest an answer