Export filter to public RSS url

Johnson Wang November 2, 2015

I'd like to export the issues returned from a filter to a publicly accessible RSS URL. Is that possible at all? It seems like I have to be logged in to JIRA in order to access the RSS url.

Here's an example URL:

https://sailthru.atlassian.net/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-rss/12103/SearchRequest-12103.xml

I'm trying to have all the XML data pulled in my emailing platform so I can parse the content, customize the look, and send out recurring emails; the Subscription feature with JIRA is too basic for my needs.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2015

Hi Johnson, 

The only way to make this publicly accessible is to enable access to data without logging in, your JIRA administrator may specify the 'Browse' permission for Anyone.

***But please, be aware that this will make your data public to Anyone on the internet, this will also be indexed by Google!

Hope this clarifies things!

Cheers!

Johnson Wang November 3, 2015

Thanks Elisa -- good to know, and thanks for the caveat. We're going to be smarter and safer and just access the data via API, so we're good here. Appreciate the quick and helpful response! I'm at Summit right now, as a first-timer, woohoo!

1 vote
OA January 7, 2016

This is basic for what we needed. 

Try to put 

&os_username=...&os_password=...

at the end of the url , adding the values needed at the ... 

Take care where you use it as it exposes the credentials

Suggest an answer