Export and Import of a project

Deleted user May 6, 2016

Good morning I would like to get some possible reference in regards to exporting a jira project with all it's dependencies that would include custom workflows, item types, schemas and custom fields from once server instance into another From DEV to QA instance Are there a specific set of steps that need to take place and can it be one stop process or these items need to be exported and imported individually All I need is to export one project not all of them since this particular project has all customizations Thank you

3 answers

I think a more current version of how to do this is now here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/restoring-a-project-from-backup-861253833.html

I am mentioning, since Google brought me here; so it might bring other lost souls.  

HTH

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2016

Not possible in plain JIRA - an export is everything and then you have to manually create all the schemes and project and then you can import the data for the project from the full export.

There are some add-ons in the marketplace that can help (Although I always reach for Botron's Configuration Manager nowadays)

Deleted user May 6, 2016

Can you please elaborate on everything part ?

According to documentation there is a way to export a single project by backing it up and restoring from back up to another instance or same instance

I'm just not sure if it will include all the custom stuff or just data

Like 임철규 likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2016

The documentation says the export is of everything, not single projects.  (Unless it's changed very recently).  Could you say where you saw an export for single projects?  There's definitely import single project.

0 votes
Christian Tazl May 8, 2016

Hi,

I want to export all Jira-projects (server V6.4.1) and import the backup-file into the cloud-system. My problem is, that the backup-file is always not readable.

First I tried to backup manually (--> Administration \ System \ Backup System)
I entered a filename there and clicked on the backup-button. After ~6 hours I decided to cancel, because nothing happend (the message in the status line was "waiting for <servername>"). In the export-directory there was a zip-file, size 1762kB.
When I  want to have a look on the zip-file(IZArc), I get the message "Bad zip header found". Only one file (entities.xml, size 0) exists.

So I decided to make an automatic backup. I created a Backupservice:

BackupService.PNG

Next day it was the same like above. A zip-file was created (same size and also "bad zip-header").

What do I make wrong ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events