Exclude from Kanban Done when at least one version is released, regardless whether there are unreleased entries in "fix version"

Stephan Hochhaus August 17, 2016

I have multiple fix versions for issues and when either of them is released I want the issue to be excluded from my Kanban "Done" column. Can this be done in JQL?

We do have internal releases that are tested but in order to have a full overview of the content for a planned release we want all issues to be associated with the planned public release and all previous internal releases should not affect the scope of items within the public release. Therefore most issues have two fix versions, one of the internal fix release and one of the public release. But as soon as the internal release is done the Kanban board should be cleared of that issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

Try adding this to the board's filter:

... AND fixVersion not in releasedVersions(ABC) ...

where ABC is the project key.

More info about releasedVersions() function:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-764478342.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-releasedVersionsreleasedVersions()

Stephan Hochhaus August 17, 2016

Thanks, @Ignacio Pulgar. That is my query that works like expected now:

(fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND fixVersion not in releasedVersions(KEY)
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

Good point! I usually forget to include EMPTY when it is required smile

Thanks and regards!

Suggest an answer