Errro when trying to attach PDF

Rodrigo Matus December 13, 2017

Hello, I hope you are well, I have the following problem,
when uploading try to attach a scanned document in PDF, Excel, Docx, IMG format,
Jira responds with a message "An internal error occurred, contact your
administrator", the upload capacity is 20 MB and randomly passes with
PDF, Excel, Word documents from 500 KB up to 18MB.
Greetings.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2017

Hi Rodrigo,

Normally when I see this type of intermittent behavior the network is usually the culprit, however, there are some things to check first:

• When you reproduce the issue what do you see in the atlassian-jira.log?
  • Are you using a proxy, e.g. nginx, apache, etc.?

If you are using a proxy and it's Nginx, there is a setting that can prevent attachments of a certain size from being uploaded. The "client_max_body_size" directive should be set to a number that is logical for your environment.

If this is already set or you're using another proxy, we'll need to see if you encounter the issue when you bypass the proxy.  Use the instructions in How to bypass a Proxy and SSL to test network connectivity and let us know the results.

Cheers,

Branden

Rodrigo Matus December 18, 2017

Indeed, we are using Nginx as poxy and the configuration for jira with contained the specification of the client_max_body_size, we set it in the same way as jira 20M, perform tests with documents that did not upload previously and if the logue upload, we are monitoring to see what happens, but Up to this moment we have not received failure reports. Thanks for the tips Branden.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2017

Thanks for the update Rodrigo.  Let us know if anything changes.

Suggest an answer