Errro when trying to attach PDF

Hello, I hope you are well, I have the following problem,
when uploading try to attach a scanned document in PDF, Excel, Docx, IMG format,
Jira responds with a message "An internal error occurred, contact your
administrator", the upload capacity is 20 MB and randomly passes with
PDF, Excel, Word documents from 500 KB up to 18MB.
Greetings.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Rodrigo,

Normally when I see this type of intermittent behavior the network is usually the culprit, however, there are some things to check first:

• When you reproduce the issue what do you see in the atlassian-jira.log?
  • Are you using a proxy, e.g. nginx, apache, etc.?

If you are using a proxy and it's Nginx, there is a setting that can prevent attachments of a certain size from being uploaded. The "client_max_body_size" directive should be set to a number that is logical for your environment.

If this is already set or you're using another proxy, we'll need to see if you encounter the issue when you bypass the proxy.  Use the instructions in How to bypass a Proxy and SSL to test network connectivity and let us know the results.

Cheers,

Branden

Indeed, we are using Nginx as poxy and the configuration for jira with contained the specification of the client_max_body_size, we set it in the same way as jira 20M, perform tests with documents that did not upload previously and if the logue upload, we are monitoring to see what happens, but Up to this moment we have not received failure reports. Thanks for the tips Branden.

Thanks for the update Rodrigo.  Let us know if anything changes.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,222 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot