Error message "You need the manage sprint permission for all projects in the origin board to manage this sprint"

User has been given project admin role across all projects where stories originate. Still no luck in him being able to close a sprint.

3 answers

0 votes

Project admin does not necessarily mean manage sprint permission - check the permission scheme and user's membership for that.

permission scheme for Manage Sprints set to "Any logged in user"

For every project that might be included in the board?

I had an issue like this. The user had permissions to all projects involved, which was just two projects with a total of 8 issues.

I found via the Test View > By Sprint feature the Sprint was appearing on two boards. The JQL for both boards checked out fine when looking at the issues in the Issue Navigator. 

However, one of the boards filters caused the Projects In Board to state The projects in this board cannot be listed because of the complexity of the board filter.

Because the second board wasn't needed we deleted it and then the problem with completing the sprint went away.

I am confident we could of fixed the JQL on the second board so Jira could identify the boards contained, and then we could of completed the sprint as well.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

381 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot