Error in Editing "Only My Issues" Quick Filter in Jira Board

Shai_Cantor NA June 19, 2016

Hi,

I tried to edit the "Only My Issues" quick filter.

It failed with the error: "Error in the JQL Query: Expecting operator but got '('. The valid operators are '=', '!=', '<', '>', '<=', '>=', '~', '!~', 'IN', 'NOT IN', 'IS' and 'IS NOT'. (line 1, character 40)"

Which was OK since I had an error.

The problem is that, nevertheless, it saved the filter, and now I can't edit it again, no matter what I do I receive the above error.

The error that got me to the weird situation.

image2016-6-20 9:55:8.png

The same error appears even though the JQL is OK.

image2016-6-20 9:55:34.png

2 answers

0 votes
Shai_Cantor NA June 19, 2016

Hey,

Tried #1 and failed with the same error.

Tried #2 and failed with the same error again.

It seems that no matter what query I insert the error stays the same.

image2016-6-20 11:46:47.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2016

Ok, the next step in debugging here is to repeat process that while reading the logs (or read the logs from when you just did it)

You can't do that on Cloud, as you don't have access, so I'd raise a call with support over at https://support.atlassian.com - with the help of the logs, they'll probably be able to tell you exactly what has gone wrong, and fix it for you.

Shai_Cantor NA June 20, 2016

Great, thanks @Nic Brough [Adaptavist].

Where can I track the progress of the issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2016

It should have given you a reference when you raised it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2016

Hmm, that looks odd to me.  I've seen something similar before and fixed by:

1. Blank out the whole query and try saving it
  2. Then enter another query that is totally different (like "project = X" or "issuetype = Y".  Doesn't need to be relevant or useful, just runnable).  Again, try to save it.
  3. Now go back and retype the the query you actually want to use and save that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events