Error Comment Produced by "Anonymous" Regarding File Attachments

Elec Morin April 19, 2016

Hi Support,

We have recently started receiving error comments on tickets that read, "An error occurred while adding attachments to this issue from the source email. Please check the attachments and re-send the email.". These occur when commenting on a ticket via email, however, our emails don't contain attachments. These comments are by Anonymous and have just started.

Is there a way to turn these off and/or do you know of a way to prevent these comments?

I found the open JIRA ticket below regarding this issue but no one from Atlassian has addressed it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-59025

Please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide.

Thanks,

Elec

1 answer

2 votes
Elec Morin April 19, 2016

Hi Support, 

Quick follow-up -

I've noticed these Anonymous error comments are occurring when our team responds to a JIRA-created email comment. I have set up our incoming mail handler using split regex to ignore the previous JIRA-created comment in the email thread, however, I’m wondering if despite ignoring everything below the cutoff it still processes the JIRA comment in the email as attachments and assumes the previous JIRA-created comment wasn’t attached properly.

Elec

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2016

any more findings / ways you've mitigated this since April?

Suggest an answer