Error Comment Produced by "Anonymous" Regarding File Attachments

Hi Support,

We have recently started receiving error comments on tickets that read, "An error occurred while adding attachments to this issue from the source email. Please check the attachments and re-send the email.". These occur when commenting on a ticket via email, however, our emails don't contain attachments. These comments are by Anonymous and have just started.

Is there a way to turn these off and/or do you know of a way to prevent these comments?

I found the open JIRA ticket below regarding this issue but no one from Atlassian has addressed it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-59025

Please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide.

Thanks,

Elec

1 answer

Hi Support, 

Quick follow-up -

I've noticed these Anonymous error comments are occurring when our team responds to a JIRA-created email comment. I have set up our incoming mail handler using split regex to ignore the previous JIRA-created comment in the email thread, however, I’m wondering if despite ignoring everything below the cutoff it still processes the JIRA comment in the email as attachments and assumes the previous JIRA-created comment wasn’t attached properly.

Elec

any more findings / ways you've mitigated this since April?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

488 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you