Epic link from Kanban board with Epic swimlanes

James Read May 25, 2016

So I have a Kanban board with Epics as swimlanes which works great. However, when viewing an Epic, it is easy enough to see the issues within it (and click these to expand the detail view to see them) but there isn't any means to viewing the actual epic.

image2016-5-25 17:36:57.png

Has anyone found a way around this? At the very least it would be handy to have a link from the swimlane itself, but failing that even a link in the details view would be ok, but it is completely missing:

image2016-5-25 17:38:12.png

(unlike within pretty much anywhere else in JIRA, the coloured background 'Test Epic' block isn't actually a hyperlink).

Any ideas? At the moment you have to resort to expanding the Epic swimlane, clicking on an issue link within the detail view, and then accessing the Epic via the view issue screen.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Howdy. I hear your pain, this feature suggestion is logged here – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-11631. Since Atlassian considers votes and use-cases on JIRA.atlassian.com, it'd be good to vote and list your specific pain-points and how you're trying to use the product.

James Read May 27, 2016

Thanks Steven, will flag accordingly.

Artur November 26, 2019

I second this.

Suggest an answer