Epic Labels not showing in "Active Sprints" view. Bug?

Bas van den Berg April 20, 2016

When you open up a board and select the "Backlog" view, you can see the Epic labels on each item. You can also turn it on/off through the drop-down menu.

However, in the "Active Sprints" view, these labels aren't shown (we would really want that). In the drop-down menu it DOES say "Show/Hide Epic labels", even though it's doing nothing for this particular view. 

Is it a bug?

3 answers

0 votes
Bas van den Berg April 21, 2016

Just to be sure you understand what I mean; I am talking about the colored labels, directly on (the right) of each User Story in the backlog.

In the Active Sprints pane I can turn on Epic links for the task cards, but that's not what I mean. I would like to see the labels on the User Stories (and not just in the detail view).

Deleted user April 21, 2016

Check - the Hide/show epic labels on the board dropdown is supposed to do exactly what you want. If it currently displays "Hide Epic Labels" in the Sprint view, there's a problem somewhere else. btw it would look like this yes?

image2016-4-21 16:0:12.png

Bas van den Berg April 21, 2016

Actually, I think what you are showing is a card / task, right?

I attached 2 images: one of my backlog with User Stories and one of the Active Sprints overview.

1ex.jpg2ex.jpg

Deleted user April 22, 2016

Ahhh.... I see - you are using Swim Lanes defined by EPICs. THAT was the missing piece of information we needed. Let me look into that.

Like Tina Choong likes this

Oopps... I meant by Swim Lanes by Story.

I can confirm your issue - does not look like that option is working. So either the Hide/show Epic Labels is NOT working as designed or the option should not be available. Suggest putting in a support ticket.

(Sorry - We have never used that option so it took me awhile.)

Bas van den Berg April 22, 2016

Yeah well it is kind of hard to explain indeed. smile

I will put it in a Support Ticket and see what they say.

Thanks anyway for confirming.

My guess is a reply something like this;

Epic Labels will only show on story cards. As you are using stories as swim lane labels, there are no cards to display the Epic on. The subtasks in the swim lane will not display the Epic as subtasks an not be assigned to Epics.... 

Let me know smile

Bas van den Berg April 22, 2016

There was a "Suggestion" regarding this already: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-11810

At least I think it is the same thing.

Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

Thanks for posting this! I didn't understand the issue but I have already voted on it. smile

0 votes
Deleted user April 20, 2016

Agree with Steven, you normally don't need to do anything... try going to the board configuration screen and then card layouts.

Try adding the EPIC Link manually and see what happens. (It may just need a "kick") btw are you on Cloud or Server?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016

You normally can see those labels on the Active Sprints pane.

Suggest an answer