Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Entering 9h shows as 2d

Does Jira have an overall setting that resets hours to days? E.g. entering 9h shows as 2d? We’d like to track by hours but it seems to be working in the round-to-days way right now

1 answer

1 vote

Jira "prettifies" the numbers into larger time units when it can.

If you're getting 2d when entering 9h, then it suggests you have set your time-tracking to treat a day as 4.5 hours

Thank you for your reply.

I have Working hours per day 8, Is there a way to Not to have it prettify?

Hmm.  I suspect you have already turned the "pretty" off.

If you were using pretty time, you should see 9h shown as 1d 1h, for an 8 hour day.  I suspect you've turned that off, and set the display to "days", which means Jira will show anything under 8h as 1d, 8-16 hours as 2d, 16-24 as 3d and so-on.

Go back to the time tracking settings and try changing it from days to hours.

JIRA time.png

Thanks again, I have this settings. Can you please suggest now.

That doesn't look right to me, as that 9h should be 1d 1h.  Where exactly are you seeing the 2d for 9h?

In the View Issue screen. Time Tracking doesn't seem to work correctly.

JIRA time 2.pngJIRA time 3.png

That does not show your 9h as 2d anywhere.  Neither of those pictures are related to the question and there's nothing to show that they might be reporting anything incorrectly.  I am confused now.

Sorry, I couldn't get that exact one. With those examples, I wanted to say that in the first one, No time was logged, but it still shows Remaining hours as 2h. In the second one, 30m was logged, and it still shows Remaining as 1w 3d 30m. 

Shouldn't the Remaining hours get automatically adjusted with the Logged in hours.

That's fine, we can still work with it.  On the first one, you have an estimate of 1d.  Then someone edited the issue and adjusted the remaining time, rather than log work.

In the second, I would guess that the 30m logged has been knocked off, but that someone has also altered the remaining time by 2 hours as well.

In both cases, the changes will have been logged in the issue history (assuming they are single issues, and not adding up sub-task changes)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,996 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you